Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Tandoori marinade and coconut milk combined into a delicious South Indian stew.
- 750g boneless lamb, fat removed and then diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Umi’s Kitchen Tandoori Marinade
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the lamb cubes in 2 batches and remove them from the pan.
- Saute onion until it starts to brown.
- Return lamb to pan, add Umi’s Kitchen Tandoori Marinade and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir to blend; then add beef broth. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potato and carrot cubes and simmer, covered, for another 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes, until the lamb is done.
- Serve over rice