Yield: 4 servings
A quick and easy alternative to a traditional chicken pie, enhanced by the warm flavour of our Jeera Sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of Umi’s Kitchen Jeera Simmer Sauce
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Saute chicken in butter and oil for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until most of the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Add Umi’s Kitchen Jeera Simmer Sauce and yogurt and heat to just below boiling, while stirring.
- Pour into a 9″ standard pie plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush the edge of the pie plate with water.
- Lay pastry over chicken mixture, crimp edges and trim excess.
- Make 2 or 3 slits in the pie top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.